The Builder-Developer as a Steward of Godís Resources
|Bringing God's Kingdom To the Marketplace and Inner City|
6. Jas. 2:5-7, 5:1-6; 1 Tim. 6:9-10; Mt. 19:16-26. James' diatribes against the wealthy and Jesus' warning to the rich made me realize that I was playing with a dangerous explosive that could destroy me. I had read these verses many times and intellectually had rationalized away the truth. How easy it was to see the truth when I really wanted to listen to God.
7. Am. 2:6-7, 4:1-6, 5:7, 10-24, 6:3-8, 8:4-12; Is. 1:15-17, 5:8-9, 58:1-14
8. Max Depree, Leadership is an Art (New York: Doubleday, 1989), 7, 14. This is an excellent book.
9. Stephen R. Covey, Principle-Centered Leadership (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1992). Stephen has written this and another excellent book on leadership: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1989).
10. Robert Bellah, Habits of the Heart: Individualism and commitment in American Life (New York: Harper & Row, 1985), chapter 3.
11. Do you Feel Their Pain? Words by Steve Camp, Phill McHugh, Rob Frazier, and Kim Maxfield-Camp; music by Steve Camp.
More by Perry Bigelow
- A Developer's Perspective on Healthy Communities
- The Builder-Developer as a Steward of God's Resources
- Builder of the Year Acceptance Speech
- Building and Development Philosophy: Cultural and Environmental Sustainability
- 13th Annual Affordable Comfort Conference
- 1st Annual National Green Building Conference
- Bibliography - Neighborhood Planning, Community & Ecology
- The Spirituality of Sustainability
- Stewardship of Creation
- God and Money
- Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger
- Excerpts from "Sex, Economy, Freedom & Community"
- Devotional - Listening to God Daily
- Bibliography for "God and Money" and "Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger"